Saturday, July 4, 2015

My Legacy

         Honestly, I’m so desperate in making others remember me. I’ll do everything just to make him/her remember me. But it seems like every time I try to do remarkable things, I always end up screwing it or failing it. I don’t really know if failure and I are linked somehow because we are a tandem, we are always together. I don’t know if it’s just me or am I really changing?
        Legacy. A prestigious, luxurious, and classy word for me. It's like big mark that you will leave and a big mark left in hearts of people that’s carved by you, yourself. Actually, I really don’t know what legacy I would leave behind if I ever get erased or obliterated in this damn world. I’m not good at anything, I dance but not too great like Mark, I sing but not too amazing like ate Denize, I can act but not as serious as Diana, I’m also not good in academics. I’m just a person with a normal life as the others, waiting for hope that someday, they can shine and be in the spotlight.
  Since I am not capable of doing extraordinary things, all I can do is to be there for somebody, be there for everybody. That’s the legacy that I think is suitable for me and is what I am capable of doing. I’m pained, I’m useless, I’m weak, but I can stand up and be there for anybody. I can fill the empty spaces in your life. I can be your ideal friend, we can go in the canteen together, eat together. We can even go everywhere together. I can be a friend of anybody. A universal friend you can say.
       Being a friend is not the only mark I can carve in the souls of everybody. My freshmen years gave way to a new talent for me. Photography. I really don’t know why I’m so attached to the camera. Maybe because I like people to smile for me and create a great photo. I’ve witnessed a lot of happy and sad things as I enhance this new discovered talent of mine. The batch knew me as a photographer and I will live the life being a photographer.

      I don’t know if the things I mentioned were legit legacies, but those things are what I want people to remember from me. I want them to live with the legacy I contributed to the community. A friend who’s always there for you and a capturer who keeps and treasures precious memories. I like to be remembered that way. God has plans for me. I might be bruised and scarred but that won’t stop me from having leaving these remarkable things

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
-Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment